Monday, October 6, 2008

Obama or McCanin...that is the question.

I have been watching as much of the Presidential speeches and debates as I possibly can trying to decide which candidate, in my mind, will bring about the most positive change for this country. I am having a tough time with this one. To be honest I do not fully support either party in this election. It's more deciding on the lesser of two evils, in my opinion. Both seem to offer somethings I support however, with all the dishonesty in politics it's hard to say who will truly keep their word and who is only promising the moon to get into office (as always ;0). Granted the state of our country today cannot and will not be changed over night. But with the right plans consistently in place and the willingness to follow through with those plans the difference would be seen down the road. I even took the "who should you vote for" quiz on the local TV stations web site where you choose the statement you most agree with and when you are finished it tells you which one you agreed with the most, hence, who you should vote for. My results said I should vote for Obama. Turns out I only agreed with McCain on three issues. Which were some pretty important issues I might add. The economy, health care and immigration. So, does one vote for for the candidate they agree with most on all issues or for the one they agree with on what is considered to be "the important" issues? In talking with others I am not the only one who feels this way about the candidates in this election. In fact, some I have spoken with are making their decision based on the Vice Presidential candidates as opposed to the Presidential candidates siting the concern for the health and safety of both and who would be stepping into the Presidency in such case. I suppose I will just wait along with others for that one thing that finally cinches it.


Have a wonderful day,

~Zos♥

2 comments:

ShawnD said...

I will tell you this, those essays are useless. It may tell you that you agreed with most of the issues for Obama but like you said the issues you agreed with McCain on were important. I'm a person that goes for quality not quantity. Now I'm not telling you who to vote for, that is between you and the ballot. If you want some help though I have a blog posting on one of my blogs that will tell you each of the candidates' views on all sorts of important subjects. The blog is-

www.shawndlife.blogspot.com

and scroll down to the posting called 'Our Candidates' Views' (I think that's what it's called but it's along those lines.)

-Zosimee♥ said...

Hi shawnd,

Thanks so much for your comment. I will check out your blog and see if the information can help me because as of now I am still undecided. Thanks again and you have an awesome day! ;0)

~Zos♥